Thursday, October 6, 2011

Logan Update

I feel like Logan needs a little update as he has been growing and changing so much in the past couple months. He is talking in full sentences and saying the funniest things these days. I need to start writing some of them down. But for now I will say he LOVES to make us laugh and make Jordy and Kenley laugh as well. Since turning two he has struggled with taking naps and basically refuses to everyday at this point. We have started a "quiet time" where he plays quietly in his room for about an hour if he does not nap. We have worked up to the hour time and he is doing pretty well with it. Today was no exception. He decided that he would rather have quiet time than lay down so that is what we did. After about an hour I headed up to check on him and realized it was very quiet. I opened the door and found him dead asleep in his chair. This is sooooo shocking to me because he fights sleep horribly and I never would have thought he would give in like this. But YAY! for Logan. It was nice to see him let go and sleep even if it was sitting in the chair. I really wanted to move him to his bed but I knew the moment he slightly moved he would be awake and wouldn't go back to sleep. So there he "lay".

On another note, Logan is turning into a great brother and I LOVE watching him show love to Jordy and Kenley. He can be really really sweet. On the other hand he is struggleing (as all 2 year olds do) with sharing lately and with expressing his emotions in an appropriate manner. The combination of not napping and the struggle with his possessions and emotions have made for an exhausting couple of months for both he and I. However I feel like he is taking steps in the right direction and maturing. So that is where he is right now. The videos below capture some of his sweetness.
When he puts on his sunglasses he thinks he needs music to dance to. I don't know where he got that but I am going to take a guess that he has watched some music videos with daddy at some point. Ahhhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment